How to Cancel Microsoft 365 Trial (Quick)
To access premium versions of Office products, you can sign up for a one-month free trial of Microsoft 365 Family. You will not be charged if you cancel Microsoft 365 trial within 30 days of signing up.
How to cancel Microsoft 365 Trial
Sign in with the Microsoft account associated with your Microsoft 365 Family trial to the https://account.microsoft.com/services page.
See the Expires on the date or a Cancel link under your Microsoft 365 membership, as described below.
- If you don’t see a Cancel option and only see Paid with and None, your trial will expire on the date specified. You do not need to cancel because there will be no more payments.
- If you see a Cancel link under Microsoft 365 Family, click it to cancel your free trial.
- If there is no Cancel link and only a Turn on recurring billing link, recurring billing is disabled. Your trial will expire on the date specified. You do not need to cancel because there will be no further charges.
You can also cancel by phone, which requires dialing (800) 642-7676 and waiting to be connected to an agent.
You can check this video for a quick and detailed tutorial.
What do I lose if I cancel Microsoft 365?
After your trial period expires, you can continue to use Office for a limited time. Microsoft 365 will eventually run in View Only mode and display Unlicensed Product alerts.
You can still open and print your documents, but you won’t be able to edit or create new ones. You’ll also lose access to subscription-only services, including more OneDrive storage and Skype minutes. It also applies to anyone with whom you have shared your trial.
Office.com offers free online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote if you need to create or modify Office documents.
Buy Microsoft 365 Personal Now! Offer Ends Soon!
Claim Your Coupon & Unlock 20% OFF Your First Order 👇
How to Cancel Microsoft Office Free Trial on Mac
On a Mac, the canceling procedure looks like this:
- Launch the iTunes application.
- Navigate to the iTunes Store.
- In the Quick Links section on the right side of the Store, click Account.
- After entering your credentials, scroll to the bottom of the page to find the subscriptions.
- Unsubscribe from that service.
One thing to keep in mind if you use Microsoft 365 on iOS devices. Unless you cancel it directly, most subscriptions will automatically renew.
You can use the office until your membership expires, but be cautious if you cancel during a free trial period, make a backup of your data in case it becomes inaccessible.
How to Cancel Microsoft Office and Get a Refund
Sometimes you may find that you need something other than Microsoft 365. You’ve already paid for it, so you want to use it wisely. Is there a way out?
In reality, you can only receive your money back in extraordinary situations.
Microsoft will allow a refund in two circumstances:
– You can cancel a monthly subscription if it has been fewer than 30 days since it was last renewed.
– If you have an annual subscription, you can cancel it during the last month of the subscription.
If you are unsure whether you are eligible, contact the Microsoft help center.